Telecom Project Services
This category includes most of our consulting services that aren’t described elsewhere. Examples include coordinating the myriads of tasks associated with moving offices to a new location, or finding and selecting a phone system for new company headquarters or remote offices.
Usually we provide an estimate of the project activities, schedule, and cost (often charged on a time and material basis) after preliminary investigations.
Phone System and Vendor Selection
Determining the best available phone system or other telecom equipment for an organization is best accomplished with the professional services of an independent telecom consultant because an IT department usually does not have the required time and expertise. We provide these kinds of services with the same dedication and attention to our client requirements that we provide in all of our other services (see Testimonials and Case Studies).
We do this by:
- Gaining an understanding of the client organization’s objectives and priorities, including any anticipated changes in size, locations, or funding
- Developing a clear and complete picture of the systems and services the client is currently using, and the proper telecommunication infrastructure to support the client’s current and future requirements
- Generating any needed Requests For Proposal or Requests For Quote consistent with what the client has and needs, and the appropriate options that are available in the market
- Sending these RFPs/RFQs to several reputable vendors, establishing a timetable for their responses, and being available to answer vendor questions and provide additional information
- Receiving and analyzing the vendor proposals, getting clarifications as needed, and preparing a complete report for the client
- Presenting our report to the client, identifying alternatives, and making a recommendation
- Optionally, managing the implementation for the client in concert with the system vendor and the selected installation or interconnect company
An organization move usually means the telecom services need to move as well. Determining whether the company can keep its telephone numbers and static IP addresses, or obtaining desirable new numbers, are important tasks we have always been able to provide to our clients’ satisfaction (see Testimonials and Case Studies).
We ensure that the new service installations and the old service disconnects happen on time with little or no service disruption. When the service provider at the client’s old location does not service the new location, we identify an optimal new service provider using methods similar to those described in Telecom Cost Reduction.