These case studies describe various organizations and situations where Optimized Communications has significantly improved the cost and efficiency of business telecommunications.
Relocation and Cost Reduction
- Type of Organization: An insurance agency providing commercial, health, life, auto, and home insurance.
- Original Telecom Situation: Needed to move the company to a new location and relocate all the voice and Internet services.
- Work Performed: Transferred all telecommunication services and analyzed existing service agreements and bills.
- Results and Benefits: Removed the company's stress associated with the telecom relocation, achieved the move on schedule, and lowered the cost of ongoing communication services by 30%.
Construction Site Telecom Services
- Type of Organization: A construction company building commercial buildings across southern California.
- Original Telecom Situation: The Information Technology manager was spending too much valuable time pursuing phone companies and other telecom service providers to obtain and manage the voice, Internet, and virtual private networking services needed in construction trailers in locations where it was hard to get service.
- Work Performed: Became the finder, go-getter, and liaison with all telecom service providers (landline telephone, cable, fixed wireless, cellular, and satellite) serving the construction site areas. Managed the telecom services for the trailers and sites from the start to the completion of each project.
- Results and Benefits: Construction trailers are equipped with the required telecommunication services on schedule and any issues are addressed promptly, freeing the IT manager to address other IT issues.
Billing Error Recovery and Cost Reduction
- Type of Organization: A non-profit organization promoting enjoyment and appreciation of music and the arts in Orange County.
- Original Telecom Situation: Paying too much for telecom services at their two offices.
- Work Performed: Inspected all telecom services and infrastructure, and analyzed existing service agreements and bills. Identified overcharges and billing errors, and made the telecom service provider correct the errors and refund the overcharges. Identified better and lower cost service with another phone company, and helped the client move their services to the new provider.
- Results and Benefits: Lowered the cost of ongoing communication services by 50%.
Phone System Selection
- Type of Organization: A non-profit dentistry group providing pediatric dentistry to children of low income families.
- Original Telecom Situation: Existing phone system was inadequate. The system couldn't support the organization's growing requirements and its multi-lingual clients, and there was no voice connectivity with office phones in a remote facility across the street. A budget of $20,000 had been approved for a new phone system, and a proposal for approximately that amount had already been provided by a prospective vendor.
- Work Performed: Carefully established the customer's actual requirements, developed a request for proposal (RFP), and provided the RFP to additional phone system vendors. Received and analyzed the vendor responses. Prepared and presented an analysis of the proposals, and recommended the optimal solution.
- Results and Benefits: All customer requirements were met with a solution that included a new phone system utilizing existing equipment investments and integration of the remote facility via IP telephony, all for 50% of the approved budget amount.